Real Estate Taxes

Now that you have received your real estate tax bills, it is time to think about filing a tax complaint if your property is over assessed.  Your assessment should be one-third of the market value of your property.   If you live in Stephenson County, email Ron Kane at or call him at 815.235.8260 and ask him when you can file a complaint for 2013 on your tax assessment.  Ask him to notify you in writing when a complaint can be filed.

-Malcolm C. McPherson.  Malcolm is an attorney in Freeport, Illinois.  His practice is concentrated in Estate Planning, Estate and Trust Administration, and Agricultural Real Estate.  Malcolm enjoys commenting on local topics.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s